Five Qualities To Look For In A Financial Planner
The relationship you have with your Financial Advisor is a very personal one. You not only confide your financial information; you share your families’ history and goals. There are few people who know you as well as your Financial Planner or at least that is how it should be.
There is not a one-size-fits-all strategy for achieving retirement goals and, to work toward that goal, you need a partner that understands your specific needs. So, if you are looking for someone to help you navigate the transition from work to retirement there are characteristics to look for in an Advisor.
- An Advisor should, on their own initiative, start a conversation about your retirement goals. There should be opportunities for you to share any changes that should occur in your life that could affect your goals.
- You should feel that your advisor has your best interest at heart and makes decisions based on you and you alone.
- No one can guarantee a certain return on your investment. Your advisor should be able to share what their history is with regard to the market.
- All fees and expenses should be clearly laid out and clearly understandable.
- You don’t want a professional who blinds you with terminology without any attempt to educate you about the process. Ask if the Advisor offers opportunities for you to learn and understand your personal retirement plan. It’s important to become a partner in the process. A great advisor won’t object to you becoming educated.
The advisors at Sound Financial Strategies Group use these five points as a foundation when building a relationship with a client. The first step is a personal meeting so that they can begin to understand your retirement goals and needs. Helping you Navigate Retirement starts with a simple call to 601-856-3825. Hopefully we'll talk soon.
Investment advisory services offered through Sound Financial Strategies Group, Inc.("SFSG"), a Registered Investment Adviser. Securities offered through Comprehensive Asset Management and Servicing, Inc., ("CAMAS") Member FINRA/SIPC. SFSG and CAMAS are separate and unrelated companies. The opinions voiced in this article are for general information only. They are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual and do not constitute an endorsement by CAMAS.
Posted on Mon, December 2, 2013
by Sound Financial Strategies Group