There have been many changes at Entergy over the past year….changes that may have you thinking about retirement. Have you ever wondered what steps you would need to take to make this happen? Would you retire this year if you knew you were financially able? Below is a checklist of things to consider and questions to ask yourself.
1) Have a plan
· How much income do I need in retirement?
· Where will my income come from when I stop receiving a paycheck?
2) Figure out what you want to do in retirement
· Will you work part time? What do you enjoy doing?
· Do you want to travel? Do your children live nearby?
3) Pay off debt
· Are there any major purchases that need to be made before retiring?
· Are there any major purchases coming up after retirement?
4) Decide where you're going to live
· Are you in your retirement home already?
· Is this the only home you wish to own?
5) Figure out your insurance situation
· Do you have access to health Insurance?
· Who will care for you in your golden years (Long Term Care)?
6) Take inventory of your assets
· Is your short term savings adequate?
· Is it your desire to pass on assets to your loved ones?
7) Determine where your retirement income will come from
· How much income will my investments produce?
· Is my Social Security and/or pension income sufficient?
8) Decide when to sign up for Social Security
· Early or full retirement?
· How important is the role Social Security will play in your total income?
9) Create a Will/Estate Plan
· Are your beneficiaries up to date?
· Do you have a power of attorney?
10) Consider your family
· Will you help support your children or grandchildren?
· Will you be caring for parents?
We at Sound Financial Strategies Group have walked with many families and individuals through the retirement planning process. If you would like help answering some of these retirement questions, feel free to contact us. A member of our Entergy team will be happy to assist you.
Investment Advisory Services offered through Sound Financial Strategies Group, Inc. (“SFSG”), a Registered Investment Adviser. Certain representatives of SFSG are also Registered Representatives offering securities through APW Capital, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC, 100 Enterprise Drive, Suite 504, Rockaway, NJ 07866 (800)637-3211. SFSG and APW Capital are separate and unrelated companies.
Neither SFSG nor APW Capital are endorsed by, retained by, or affiliated with Entergy. APW Capital does not provide legal advice.
Posted on Wed, June 25, 2014
by Sound Financial Strategies Group